Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stupid Legs

I ran tonight! Which was actually a huge feat for me today. While sitting in class tonight I had some issues with my eyes. My vision gets all messed up and it is like I have a light shining in the bottom of my eye. So, for a good 20 minutes I could only see about half of what I was looking at. Then once it went away I had a migraine. I wasn't going to run tonight but I had just the right amount of time and my head wasn't feeling so bad anymore.

I will admit that I am still having trouble with running at the speed I have bumped it up to. At first I thought it was my breathing but tonight I realized that my legs are giving up on me too. So I started to think "What am I doing different?" I realized, the first week I started running  I was doing a lot of weight lifting. The past two weeks I have not kept on a regular routine with lifting weights...which means my legs have not been getting the work out they need to keep me going while I am running. I wanted to smack myself in the face when I realized what I was doing to myself. How could I be so stupid??

I still didn't lift weights today but I will tomorrow and every day after as well. I really need to force myself to not take more than one day off from working out. I need to do as much as I can because I do have a deadline and that deadline is sneaking up on me quickly. Though I may not be going into the military fully, just reserves, I still need to lose the weight. And even if I wasn't going into the military I still want to prove to myself that I can do this. I can beat this weight. I am not losing weight because I do not like myself. I am losing the weight because I love myself and I want that to show on the outside!

So, as usual, I did not accomplish the goals I had set for myself. Blah! I seem to be getting good at letting myself down. I am working really hard on this, on me. Both me on the outside as much as the me on the inside. Just like on Biggest Loser. The weight loss journey is not just changing your diet and exercise. It is about changing your mind set and figuring out what is stopping you from being 100% happy with what you see.

A side note on my eating habits. I am still working on that. It's hard though, when you don't have the money to buy food. I have to eat what my mom has in the house and that usually isn't all that healthy. So, I have been eating a lot of white bread...I was trying to cut down on bread but when you have nothing else to eat that is all you got. It sucks being broke.

On that note, I am going to get ready for bed because it is about that time.

Until Tomorrow